It has been a relatively quite 4th of July weekend. I got sick on Thursday night, so we didn't go in on Friday. We were going to have the seniors over for a 4th of July hotdog celebration, but we had to cancel. The next day I was still feeling pretty weak, Chris's stomach was helping either, so we decided to stay pretty close to home. Then we got a call from John Eyer and he invited us to attend a 4th of July celebration sponsored by the American Chamber of Commerce at the Kuskovo Estate (that's where the Irelands and the Shepards were last time we got together), so we called a few people, we got to the Irelands and the Snows, but then we realized we were not being wise, so we called everyone back and begged off. Ultimately, the Irelands came up to our place and we had a hotdog and some baked beans, and a piece of the cake Chris had made for the party that didn't happen. We had fun playing Rummikube, and hearing about the Ireland's adventures in the Baltic states, the previous week. Narene and Sam were both humbled by an escalator that is way too funny of a story to attempt to retell (I am sure I would have way too much fun telling it). If they get the courage to post it on their blog, I will give you the link. It is their story to tell. I must say, though, it is right up there with our famous story about being an hour behind for a week in New Mexico.
I am just finishing up my preparations for teaching a Sunday School lesson today to all of the young men and young women in our branch. There may not be too many, because this is the month everybody goes on vacation. I am still feeling pretty puny, but I hope to get stronger as the day goes along.
We did get to talk to the Nick and Lore, Sarah and Eden and Max. We got a call from Jason, from Fredricksburg, and talked briefly with Courtney. Everybody seems to be doing well.
The picture of the rainbow was taken around 9:30 p.m. just after a downpour (that happened to get the Irelands (without an umbrella) as they were walking back to the metro. The rainbow was very intense. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do it justice. I wish I could have gotten the entire bow in the picture, but I didn't have enough wide angle to pull that off. The rainbow is coming down just about where the Ireland's apartment is, so I called them to be on the lookout for a pot of gold. I don't think they found it. That's when I found out they caught in the thunderstorm. I think dry clothes may have had more meaning than a pot of gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment