Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunny Spain

5 1/2 hours in the plane. Another 2 hours taxiing to the gate, walking forever to get to customs, then forever to get to the metro and then a couple stops to the hotel. A quick phone call to Sam and we found the hotel just on the next block in the direction that we were walking. Right next to the Starbucks he told me to look for!!

Our Hotel.

Europe needs a ADC (Americans with Disabilities Act 1990). They need less stairs or there will be more of us who are disabled. Whatever happened to escalators that go up instead of just down (or not at all). But the stairs and walking did help us burn calories for the snickers bar that we split right before we got off the plane.

Our room is nice. I hauled the laptop so that I could finish my decision point minutes and track some emails that need follow up for General Conference meetings. I was concerned about bringing the laptop because my screen is going out. I don't like to move it, or should I say it doesn't like to be moved! Anyway it came right on today with no problems. The wireless internet at the hotel works well.

Chris just got up from a little nap and we are going to head for the MTC to drop off our papers and have dinner.

We should have the best of three days to explore, while the paperwork gets completed. We are scheduled to come back on Thursday. So we will be back in the office on Friday.

No comments: