Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting Ready for Sochi

This week found Chris out three days with a bad cold. I had a chance to find my desk again by about 5:00 on Friday afternoon! I had a scare and thought that I had inadvertantly deleted some files, but one of our secretaries reminded me where we had put them. The two of us are working as a team and reorganizing the computer files. When we view the folders alphabetically, we are in the "D's," so we have a way to go.

We are making final preparations for the Mission Presidents Seminar, which will be held in Sochi, Russia, the site of the winter olympics in 2014
It's also Russia's biggest summer resort. Chris and I will travel a day ahead of our group. The rest of the group will arrive on Valentine's Day. Sochi is in southern Russia, along the Black Sea, so we are hoping for some warm weather.

We will stay in this weekend, and give Chris and chance to recover.

Talked to Benj tonight. It's his birthday today (26). He is in San Francisco working on a new album. He says he has about 5 to 6 weeks until he will complete his work. I think he might want to give some consideration to writing a travel book, "How to visit San Francisco on less than $10 a day!!!" It might be a big seller. Of course, I'm not sure how many tourists would want to sleep on a mattress in the recording studio!

No comments: