Wednesday, April 30, 2008

4-Day Weekend!!

It's official. We have four days off. What will we do with all of our free time? I know I have three checkbbooks to reconcile, but other than that we are free! The senior couples already are planning for Friday and Saturday activities. What they are I have no idea as of yet. But the sun is still shining. We just went big grocery shopping and now we are about to fix dinner.

I checked out a website today that converts your blog into a book. I tried it and it would not work with Blogger, so I sent in a technical question (there were three identical to mine on the internet). Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow. I saw the demo online and it was great. I just hope I can get it work.

Today was my day for the devotional. I shared the poem IF by Rudyard Kipling, focusing on the theme of filling the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run. Then I finish up with the story of the old woman who never felt like she had a chance to do anything, until she was encouraged to study bricks and then ants. I think both of these two stories helped me make my point that men and women should be anxiously engaged in a good cause.

No comments: