We finished our training for our new Area Seventies on Saturday and today we held an Area Conference. Everything went well. Great discussions from their General Conference experience. Nobody was stranded. Everybody was on time and had a way to get home!!
Chris and I had dinner (I ate my first 1/2 cup of rice since I started my diet). It was great. I made some pork chops in pepper sauce, while Chris took a nap. It isn't often that she gets to eat a meal she doesn't cook. She really enjoys eating food she doesn't have to cook!!
Tonight we have been on the phone with Sarah, Jason and Nick. I plan on calling my mom later tonight. We will get the rest of the kids through the week.
We really appreciate all that is being done to help Sarah. Zack, it sounds like you are the breakfast/morning lifesaver. Thanks for your efforts.
I have been reading the book, Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns-Goodwin. It's a great read. I'm just getting into it, but it is about those who competed with Lincoln for the presidency, who, later, became members of his cabinet. (Can you see that happening today?!!)I inherited the book from our friends the Prices.
It was another warm day in Moscow. We have had sunshine for 14 out of 15 days, though today there wasn't as much. We are supposed to get colder weather and rain through the next week. It's been more like Summer than Spring. So I guess we can't complain about a little Spring.
Next week is my week of big meetings. These are all consuming days. I will probably not surface again until Thursday or Friday. In my spare time I will continue to work on the Articles of Faith in Russian.
All the best to all of you.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment