For the better part of seven years, I spent most of my Tuesday nights at the Stake Center working on resumes, teachings the skills of networking and interviewing, etc. with individuals in our stake that were looking to change their employment status. For the past two days, I have worked with my daughter and her husband on a cover letter and his resume. It was just like old times.
I had a good chat last night going over the "final" copy of both documents with Julie Poole, the manager of the Church's Employment Center in Dallas. As always, Julie had lots of good ideas to make the documents even better. Armando is trying to get a position with Medical City, a hospital in our area, in an effort to get enrolled in a Dallas Community College's RN degree program. Britt Berrett, the CEO of Medical City, and a member of our ward, has been counseling with Armando behind the scenes. It looks like everyone is pulling together, in a great effort, to help Armando achieve his career objective. This is exactly the way the process should work. After reading the "final" cover letter and the resume, I was ready to extend Armando an offer! Of course, I am more than a little biased.
Day four of the diet, a day of fasting. It takes about 4 days for ketosis to set in. Fasting on day four just jump starts the process. Ketosis is the body's fat burning process, which typically is not very efficient. Since we are always dumping large amounts of carbohydrates into our system, it doesn't engage very often (it gets lazy). When fully engaged, it will burn about a pound of fat a day, even while you are sleeping. What a process!!
Last night we went to the Irelands for dinner with the Masons and the Yorgesons and Linda Nearon. Sister Ireland had made a large pot of chili beans. She made up a wonderful dessert. Of course I drank water and brought my own meal (hotdogs which I heated in the microwave) and no dessert. Then I poured some chili bean sauce over the top, but no beans!! (too many carbs!)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment