Jay and Connie with Bob and Jana Miner (the Miners are on the outside).
Jay and Connie Jones invited us to dinner with a few other couples to see some of our pictures of Russia and hear a little bit about our mission. The Miners, Crofts and Mannewitz families joined us. We started dinner at 6:30 and came home around 11:00. Not quite missionary hours!! It was great fun. The Mannewitz's have already been on two senior missions. Jay is a counselor in the Stake Presidency. Jay and Bob (Minor), and Bill (Mannewitz) are all former bishops of our ward.
We had some technical difficulties showing our slides. I needed a special adapter to run from my Mac to the Jones TV. We got close, with the ones I purchased, but didn't quite make it. So, it is back to Best Buy today to see if I can't get the right plug. This will be the third trip to get this connection right. The guy at Best Buy commented that he hadn't been too successful recommending cables and adapters (There had been other trips to exchange cables last week). Wait until he sees me tomorrow!!! Murmur, murmur!!
This morning when I woke up I dicovered we had a few visitors in our pool. I guess when you try to build a park for a backyard, you have to expect a few drop ins from time to time.
Today will be busy. Hopefully, I will get all of my vehicles back. The Shed Man is supposed come out this afternoon to replace my doors. In a few minutes the Pool Man will come and inspect our crazy time clocks and see if he can offer a reasonable solution. The time clocks just go on and off whenever they want to presently!!!
Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment for an annual checkup. Then it is off to Alabama to see Nick and Abby. We are going to take the motorhome, just to give it a little run and to make sure everything is working, before we get on the road for a real trip!! It will take 10 hours by car to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment