Today we went to the Pushkin Fine Art Museum. It was a beautiful day with full sun!! Still cold, but the sun was great. It is quite a museum. Many of the masters, including Rembrandt, Matisse, Van Gogh, Cezanne, Manet, Monet, (a whole building dedicated to French Impressionist paintings). Another few floors were filled by an artist you may not know...Plastorini Castore...or so says Elder Price. These floors are full of life size plaster casts of a number of the great works, such as Winged Victory, and Discus Thrower. I guess for so many years people in Russia couldn't travel outside the country, so they decided to create facimiles for all to enjoy. I guess that's not really so different from going to Las Vegas to see the Eiffel Tower. Despite, the fact that they were not the real thing, we enjoyed it nonetheless.
Here are a few of our favorites that require no explanation:

After 7 years of working in employment it is still in my veins. I found the image to be quite poignant. It is called, Unemployed.
No comments:
Post a Comment