Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Family Home Evening

We had a very nice FHE last night at the Monson's (just about a 100 yards away).It was probably their last one with this group, as they are going out to the hinterlands, where they will be the only senior couple for hundreds of miles. It will be very different out there. Quite remote to say the least.

We sang Christmas carols and shared family Christmas traditions. We talked about having Santa come and reading the Other Wise Man. Sister Price told about a special Christmas that she and her husband had one Christmas when he was serving as the first Mission President in Vladivostok (near the Pacific Ocean on the far east side of Russia). She and her husband spent the day traveling with a group of members to a hospital for the mentally ill and an orphanage. Elder Price knows how to blow up balloons and tie them into hats, dogs and such, so that was his contribution. She told about how they gave away brand new sweaters to all of the children. Then she described their reaction to receiving, for most of them, their very first new sweater. There was not a dry eye in the house. So today, I floated the idea with a few people, and if we get lucky, we may try to provide a similar service on this year's Christmas Day. We will keep you up dated on our progress.

If you are looking for the map from the previous blog, I had to take it down, because it was messing up the rest of the blog. I guess it was a little too much for the blog. It wouldn't show any of the pictures I had posted previously. When I took it off, everything began to work as it did before the post. Oh, well.

No comments: