Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day


I had a relaxing Father's Day on Sunday. I had a wonderful breakfast, fried eggs, bacon, fruit and homemade blueberry muffins (well I guess if we had a muffin pan it would have been considered a muffin!!). Chris got to talk to her dad and I had to leave a message with Grandma Faye for my dad (he was snoozing when I called!). I got a nice Russian watercolor to take back with me when we leave, to match the one Chris bought for herself earlier this year, on a women's day out with the senior sisters. Now I have two little babushkas!

We really had a downpour after church today. A flimsy umbrella in a Texas-style gully washer is just about worthless. I was soaked from my knees down and on my left side. You could have wrung me out. (I was trying to help a young man, with special needs in our ward to his car.) Our Director of Temporal Affairs offered us a ride to the metro, which we accepted gladly. I was able to get Chris to the car fairly unscathed, with the exception of her shoes (she was wearing sandals!). However, she still had curl in her hair when she got back to the apartment.

When I talked to Nick today, he told me that he and Abby had put an offer for a house in the Mobile, Alabama area. It was good to hear from all of the others as well, including a few of the grandchildren, Eden and Max and Cody, Cameron, Carter and Savannah and Lore.

It looks like Tiger Woods had a nice Father's Day too, making a birdie on the eighteenth hole to force a playoff. He certainly played some exciting golf with his two eagles in the third round. I get the replays in Russia, but no live streaming video. Too bad. But I can follow the blogs. It's like listening to a delayed radio broadcast!

Well, the next two weeks are going to be crazy. We have our block of meetings this week, our New Mission Presidents' Seminar and an Area Council next week. I can't imagine how thrilled I will be after the Area Council minutes are done. I think Chris and I will take a week off and go back to Paris for a little R&R!! Better yet, why not a Greek island!!

No comments: