Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Over!!

The last two weeks have been the hardest two weeks of the mission. Today, we said goodbye to the new mission presidents. They are now on their way to their missions. More about that in a moment. AFter the seminar, we went directly to the office for an Area Council meeting with our four Area Seventy. Two joined us by video conference from Kyiv, the other two joined us in our office in Moscow. When we completed our meeting, I spent a little time with President Paul and President Gibbons giving them just a couple of tips for how to use Outlook (we converted to Outlook this weekend). Tomorrow morning, I will do the same for our office staff.

So, now we can take a big deep breath, before we start working on the August Mission Presidents' seminar. That one is on a much larger scale and will be under the direction of Elder Perry and Elder Rasband. The good news is that we are in pretty good shape there, but we still have a few important things we need to complete this week, before we can get comfortable with those preparations.

I have a number of projects that I started on back in April when the Area Presidency was at General Conference that have not yet been completed. So, I hope to catch up on a couple of those while they are out for their summer break.

The Conference went well. We struggled a little gathering lost baggage, but it all surface by Sunday morning, just in time for everyone to pack it up again for their final destination. Oleg, our travel and visa manager, did an excellent job tracking the luggage for two days, until it finally arrived.

Mom played all the music. Her command of the DVD was awesome. A perfect score in my books!! She was the one making a list and checking it twice, while I was occupied with a number of other things the week leading into the seminar.

No comments: