Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not Out of the Woods Yet

I finally caught up on all of minutes, action items etc. from this past week. That doesn't mean I have completed all my action items, it just means that I have gathered them into one location, reviewed them, and I do not believe I am at risk of not responding to an urgent item. However, the saga continues. It looks like we will have two more unexpected full days of meetings next week. This is troublesome because there are so many last minute items to get ready for the seminar. But my eternal assistant is making a list and checking it twice, so I am relaxed.

Today we are going to lunch with John Eyer and a friend of his, Natasha. He is here working on a summer job assignment. He is working for a news service. He reviews articles that have been written in English to make sure they sound like they were written by an American!

After lunch, I need to get back to the office and see if I can't catch up on as many things as I can, before next week hits.


Last night we had Chuck Johnson for dinner. He the brother of Pete and Curt Johnson in our ward. Ealier in the week he brought us a Sam's size bottle of French's mustard from the States. What a wonder. I have spent about $30 on mustard since whe have been here so that we can enjoy a hotdog (the hotdogs are good!), but with no satisfaction. Thanks Chuck.

It was just fun sharing stories. It amazing how many friends and acquaintances we have in common. He said he would try to take some pictures of Stacy Rd. construction that he can bring back on his return trip. Stacy Rd. is the main artery to our house from the freeway. It is supposed to be expanding to 6-lanes and 4-lanes to support the new mall and other shopping centers that are being built where it intersects HWY 75. We hope that they will be able to complete the construction by the time we get back next Spring.

1 comment:

the_sanchez_fam said...

good luck on that, the construction seems to be moving really slowly to me.