Sunday, November 4, 2007

Snow Again!!

We woke up this morning and all of the housetops were covered with snow. Just a little snow collected on the trees and on the ground. It looks very cold outside.

I failed to mention on Friday, that Chris went to the pharmacy (Elder Gish is a retired pharmacist) and bought some medicine for her bronchitis. She was able to buy a Z-pack for about 12 dollars. There is no need for a prescription. The cost at home is $25 for just the co-pay. I think it is closer to $50 without the co-pay. Generally, only generic drugs are available.

I thought I might share with you a few characteristics of the church here in Russia, that I shared with Courtney by email yesterday. There are about 700 missionaries in Russia; about 1100 in the entire Area. About 600 of the missionaries in Russia are from the United States. There are about 200 senior missionaries. As we may have mentioned in the past, there is only one Stake in the Area, in Kyiv (the Ukranian pronunciation for their city is Keeve.) So all of the Area is organized by districts. District presidents report to the Mission President, all of whom are Elders. There are no high priests. So the Mission Presidents have a big job, not only with the missionaries but with the entire membership for the area to which they are assigned. In some cases, they don't have a district president, so the branch presidents report directly to the Mission President. It is a big job.

Well, it's time to get ready for church. It's fast Sunday, so no need for breakfast!! We will chat later. Dos korava! (Transliteration for, see you soon!)

No comments: