Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve

I am just finishing up working on the Area calendar for the night. I'm only on February, but I am beginning to move faster than I certainly was when I started. The challenge is working on a calendar where the data resides on a server, not your laptop. It is sloooowwww. But it will be good when it is complete.

Not much time to reflect on the fact that this is Chris' and my first Thanksgiving away from the family. No family, no turkey. But I can smell pumpkin bread in the kitchen!! Mom took it upon herself to organize a Thanksgiving celebration with our Russian collegues tomorrow at the office (lunch). All the trimings but no turkey, but we will have grandma Dorothy's chicken caserole. It should be good. We will miss not being with the family, but we will connect by way of video conference.

We celebrate with the seniors on Friday night (Thai food!(mom's favorite!)), so don't feel too sorry for us. We have lots of fun things to do...but no turkey??? Bah Humbug!!

No comments: