Thursday, August 21, 2008

T minus 4 Days Till St. Petersburg

It is Thursday morning in Moscow, a little past 5:30 a.m. I have been not been sleeping through to sunrise lately. Today, I was up at 4:30 a.m. So I have had my dose of morning internet news and breakfast, so I thought I would hop on the blog for a few minutes.

The weather has finally cooled down abit. I think we should be on the downward side at this point. Days are getting much shorter. Wheresas in Allen you lose about a minute or two a day, we are losing over 5 minutes a day. So in a week we lose about a half an hour!! Today, the sunrise was at 6:13 a.m and sunset was at 8:51 p.m. By December 21 we will get to 8:58 for sunrise and 3:58 for sunset!! So between now and December 21 we will lose about 8 hours of sunlight!!

Hopefully, all of our materials will ship to St. Petersburg today. There are lots of last minute items, but I believe we should make it. What has suffered is Decisionpoint. We have meetings till noon today, and then I have two days of minutes to prepare from the last two days of presidency meetings. Yes, two days!! We fly out on Monday morning and return Friday evening.

We designed a CD label last night. Put together a fun little spreadsheet to summarize some survey data. Prepared a special handout of the entire EEA priesthood leadership, including photos of everyone. Took a tutorial on how to set up the broadcasting equipment for the translators. Sent out three documents for translation. I am still looking for a way to display between 15 to 20 pieces of art in our meeting room. And then I found out that I will be in a meeting for 2 to 3 hours prior to the start of our seminar to take the minutes of the Area Presidency's meeting with Elder Perry and Elder Rasband. And the beat goes on...

Practiced a little Russian with the Irelands and the Yorgeson's last night. Worked on vocabularly mostly and a few phrases. The progress is so slow...

Our pool pump burned out at home. We have had the pool less than five years and this will be our third pump. [Don't buy Hayward products. They don't even honor their warranty.] Brother Burns, from our ward, will install a new one on Saturday.

No comments: