Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I will be in the office with the Area Presidency. Chris will continue with her holiday. I will rejoin her on Friday!! Then the following Monday, everybody in Moscow returns to work!!

We have enjoyed the downtime. I was able to get my antibiotics today. It only took two pharmacies to get it. So, the regimen is hot pads twice a day, pills three times a day, washing and topical antibiotic twice a day. It is still very red. It is too early to see if the antibiotics are having any effect. The good news is it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse and there is no pain. We will do what the doctor ordered and see if we can nip this in the bud. I do have a good excuse for going into the office tomorrow without a white shirt, though. The cyst is right at the collar line, which was aggravating it. Since we will be doing video conferences and I will be out of the line of sight, I should be OK!

Chris made some meatballs today with a little bit of sweet and sour sauce. Very good indeed! We are both on diets and doing well for the first 5 days of the year. No bread or sweets have touched my lips. Chris is doing well too! I think I would rather be at work, because there is less temptation there.

Tomorrow night we will celebrate the Curbishley's mission. They are heading home in a few days. They are a wonderful couple. They have been on 5 missions, three in Russia. They are two of the chosen ones. Chris is hosting the event. We will have chili and salads and, of course, some will have desserts. Chris made chocolate chip pumpkin cookies today. It will be a test of our resolve!!

Yesterday Chris and I played Rummicube and we were a draw if you count how many times each apponent goes out. But unfortunately, the game is scored by the number of points you catch your apponent with. In this case, it was a rather lopside victory for me. I am sure the next game we play will be Scrabble. She has established herself as the queen of Scrabble in our family. I have won once while we have been in Moscow, but lately that has been a infrequent event.

If we haven't mentioned it, Sarah and Armando got their fixer-upper house. This should keep Armando off the streets. The good news is that Armando's family and friends have lots of skills painting, carpeting, tiling, taping and bedding, etc. I am sure he will call in all of his favors. Eden is very excited about getting her new house, and has already picked out paint for her bedroom. Max has new paint too, but I'm not sure he is as excited!

Grandpa Jack and Zack are trying to get the motorhome back to the house to charge up the batteries. The coach batteries are pretty dead. They are going to try to charge the coach batteries with my charger, while the running the car engine. I have done it a number of times before and it should work. They only need enough power to retract the jacks, so that they can drive it home. Then Zack will be off to Lewisville and school at UNT and Armando has consented to start the motorhome up once a month, until we get home! I am sure we will have to replace batteries when we get back, but hopefully we can do that prior to our first trip, so that we can go with fresh batteries.

That's about it from here. All of your best to you. I suspect everybody was back to work today and that traffic was miserable. Just be careful.

No comments: