This morning the Gibbons left for 10 days of duty to Bulgaria. So, we are home alone. We got to sleep in today, till 7:00 a.m.!! But we have been going to bed at 8:30 and 9:00 at night. It was our best night's sleep so far. We don't have transportation so we are resigned to Rosinka for the weekend. We have a ride to church on Sunday and to the office on Monday. We have a driver to help us move our things on Tuesday, provided we get our apartment on Monday. We have been told that we will have a high-speed internet connection installed on Nov 5. So it will be a little while before we can upload pictures.
Yesterday, I got to sit down with President Pieper and review the role of the executive secretary. I now have about 5 projects that will take some time to complete. Our first project is to organize the Interim Mission President's Seminar in February. We do have a block of sleeping rooms and the meeting rooms booked, so now we can focus on the myriad of details like food, transporation for about 50 and developing assorted conference materials.
We ate dinner last night with the Gibbons and the Peipers at the restaurant in Rosinka. President and Sister Peiper still have two daughters living with them, one 16, has special needs and the brightest smile that you have ever seen, with the exception of our grandchildren of course!!) and the other, 14, is a freshman in high school. We enjoyed our time with them, but unfortunately, President Pieper had to take his dinner in a bag and go home for an unexpected conference call.
Mom is washing clothes as I make this post. It is time for breakfast and I don't want to miss a meal, so I will close.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment