We finished the last of our language tutoring tonight. The good news is that there is plenty for me to study on my own given the foundation that Jonathan was able to build. Tonight, I got to practice having a dialogue with the Monsons. That was very helpful. They speak as slowly as I do. I think we both appreciated that.
My instructor gave me a Russian 3 in 1 combination, that he had bound from other books, since this kind of volume is not currently being published by the church. It contains the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. Thanks Jonathan for your thoughtful gift.
Today was also the last official day of MTC training. Tomorrow is P-day, then Sunday, then were off. We took a group picture of all of the senior missionaries; it will be emailed to me later. The number of countries that are represented by these senior missionaries is just amazing. With a couple of exceptions, each of these couples, mostly in their 60's and 70's, are learning their destination country's language for first time. Tonight, we had a testimony meeting in which each language student bore his or her testimony in the language they are studying. I was very impressed. The grasp of the language is most impressive, given such a short time for actual study.
Tomorrow we will begin packing. We are in big trouble on our weight. I may have to wear a couple of pairs of shoes and two jackets and a hat to make weight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment