Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Three in One

We just got back from FHE and we have the internet again, so hear is today's post plus the posts for the last two days. Very busy. I never get to the bottom of my in basket. We are in the middle of finalizing travel schedules for 50 people, coming from 14 missions and staff from Moscow to Sochi. Hopefully, by the end of next week I may have a chance to catch up. Mom got new water filters installed today and reclaimed our internet.

From Sunday

We had a very nice Sabbath Day. We got to sleep in a little later (our new meetings are from 1:00 to 4:00 pm). We had a great family presentation in our sacrament meeting, on being directed by the spirit. We had our first lesson from Teachings of the Presidents of the Church, Joseph Smith. We discussed the first vision. We had warm weather, just a little below freezing, for walking to and from the metro. We find that if we miss the bus, it takes about 25 or 30 minutes for the next one. Since it is only a 15 minute walk from the bus station to the metro, we often walk.

I am writing this post in Word, so that I can copy and paste it into the blog tomorrow, since we lost our internet connection today (who knows why!), but it was nice just to read and study. I just finished 2 Nephi. The last 7 chapters or so of 2 Nephi (which is what I was reading today), is one of the most complete discourses on pride, its consequences and how to overcome it. Isn’t it interesting that, today, we were asked to speak in sacrament next week and our subject is, “Overcoming Pride.” So, we have a pretty good basis for preparing our talks.

Mom has a driver tomorrow to take her to Oshans, one of the big grocery superstores. I was going to go with her, but I got a call tonight from the Area President, and it looks like our agenda for tomorrow is a bit more than I can manage by noon, so mom is trying to get another sister to go with her. It takes a half day to go grocery shopping, when travel time is considered.

By the time this gets posted, we will all know if the Cowboys are going to the Championship Game! I hope there is joy in Mudville tonight!! And Cody, I hope for your sake the Packers win their game! Wouldn’t it be something to see the two of them play each other again!

From Monday

We found out yesterday (Monday) that they cut off our internet for lack of payment!! The internet office is in the building right next to ours. Here is the real story. We started by paying 1350 rubles for the first three months. That was at the slow internet speed. The high speed which I got a month later is at 600 rubles a month. The installer said I could make up the difference (three hundred rubles) the next time I paid the bill. So much for what he knows! I still have 300 rubles worth of credit, but I guess if you don’t pay the bill in full, they just cut you off. No communication either by email or to our company representative who gave the company his cell phone number in case there were any concerns. The good news is the same guy who is going to change out our water filters tomorrow, will walk next door to try and straighten out the internet service. I would love to be there but this is my week of meetings, so I will just have to delegate it. It is nice to have that kind of support.

Tonight would be FHE but we have moved it to Tuesdays, so that two other couples can attend. So we probably would have watched a movie tonight, but I guess that will have to wait. So I think I will study my Russian!

No comments: