Thursday, January 10, 2008

What a Cute Video

Today is Nick's 30th birthday!~ I (his Momma) am only 29 so I don't know HOW he got that old!!! We called to wish him Happy Birthday, and just caught him for a minute before he had to be in court...he attends a lot of bail hearings in his new job. He told us to check his blog, for a new video. What a treat to get to see Lore first thing Christmas morning, as she found her new trike and baby doll. She was so proud of herself for climbing on, and didn't seem to care that she had knocked her doll off the seat to the floor! First things first! My how she is growing up; almost two, come mid-February, and what a cutie-pie!

I met tonight in our apartment with one other couple and Elder Yorgeson (his wife was sick) to study Russian! (Mom made dessert!) It was the first time, in some time, that I had cracked the books and I was amazed at how much I had forgotten, but at the same time, I was much more comfortable with reading and pronounication than I remember. Of course, we didn't have any natives with us to really measure my progress. But I do think trying to read all of those advertisements on the metro is paying off. Now I will have to follow that up with some independent study and let's see where that takes me! I will be a long road, regardless!!

No comments: