It is another beautiful day in Moscow. I am certain that in the last 2 month we have had as much sunshine as Dallas. We have really had incredible weather. The wet and muddy Spring that had been predicted has not materialized. It has rained about 5 times in the past two months. Yesterday it rained after we got to the metro and quit before we surfaced!! That is my kind of rain!
Yesterday we went to Ismaylova as I indicated in the last post, but I thought you might like to see what Chris got for her birthday, two woodcarvings.
We had dinner out of doors at an American-Style bistro. We all had hamburgers and fries. Chris and I had Shokolad Cocktails!!
We're back from church. We got there early to see Jason and Angela. We had a nice visit. We got to talk about the exciting projects Jason is working on. Angela's dad took this picture.
Later, in the chapel, I turned around and found Jonathan and Whitney sitting in front of us. They are already in an apartment. He has a cell phone. We swapped numbers. We told them about the two free concerts that we will be going to this week and invited them to do the same. I will call him later with directions.
The first concert is at the Moscow Conservatory. They are playing Rachmaninoff's Concierto No. 2, my favortie. That will be on Wednesday and the some of the seniors will meet together for dinner in a little restaurant right across the street, called the Belaruskaya.
The Second Concert is an International Classical Festival, sponsored by the Church this Friday and will be at the same theater that the Church's Moscow Choir played at Christmastime. We are bringing in the best performers from around the area, many of whom are members, and some who are not. We have given invitations to two our neighbors. We have invitations for our other neighbors, but we haven't found them home yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment