Then we stumbled onto another haunting sculpture that had all of the impact of the WWll sculpture that I posted a few weeks ago.
In 2001 Mr. Mikhail Shemyakin donated his masterpiece called “Children are the victims of adults’ vices” to the city of Moscow. The vices are labeled under each charactor as they encircle two children, who are blindfolded, in true innocence. The thirteen deadly sins are:
· Drug Addiction
· Prostitution
· Theft
· Alcoholism
· Ignorance
· Irresponsible Science
· Indifference [the centrepiece*!]
· Propaganda of violence
· Sadism
· For those without memory
· Child labour
· Poverty
· War
I posted a video after the pictures.
We also went to our Gastrome No. 1 deli for some really good italian salami. It is a great snack when you are on the Atkins diet (which I am!!).
We came home finished making chicken soup that we started in a crock pot before we left, and then made chicken murphy, with Sarah's recipe. The murphy was great and the chicken soup will make a great Easter Sunday dinner.
Talked to Nick, Jessica, and Jason today. Will try to reach out to a few more of you by tomorrow. If we miss you, have a happy Easter Sunday. The following is a pretty lousy video, but it was the best I could get, since there was a fence keeping us from getting any closer to the exhibit.
No comments:
Post a Comment