Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Foggy, then Sunny, then Cloudy, but Warm Day in Moscow

The weather in Moscow changes continuously. When we woke up this morning we couldn't see anything outside our window it was so foggy. Then the sun came out, then it went away again, several times. Other than the first couple of weeks that we were in Moscow, we haven't seen such weather. The temperature on our balcony, showed 22 degrees C., which is about 77 degrees F. Don't believe it. That was just because the bright sun was shining directly on the thermometer. The sun went away and it was down to 5 degrees C. above freezing. Not that we are complaining. The snow is all but gone except for some big ice slabs (between 4 to 6 inches thick) that were formed in the winter under the trees. They may be there for a while. That doesn't mean the snow won't return, but I think we are through the worst of what can only be called a moderate winter.

Today was hair day. Chris cut my hair then colored her own. It's quite a project, but the results, for me at least, are quite favorable. It beats going to the barber and getting scalped!! Her hair color, while perhaps not as good as when she has it done in Dallas, looks pretty good. Of course, most wouldn't consider my opinion worth much on such matters.

Friday was a quiet day in the office. The Area Presidency was on the road. Chris stayed home with a bit of a fever and I played catch up. And I almost caught up!!

I can hear the washing machine but no hair dryer. That must mean that Chris is almost ready to take a walk through the neighborhood. So I guess I will sign out.

No comments: