Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings are kind of quiet and nice since we don't have to go to church until1:00 p.m. We leave at 11:15 to get there on time, so that leaves us some time to catch up or just sleep in a little later. Of course, my bio-clock got me up at 6:00 a.m. But it was nice to see the sun come up. We have a partly cloudy day, but little breaks in the clouds give way to some blue sky.

Talked to quite a few people yesterday. I caught Nick about 20 outside of Roanoke, Virginia. He was about 5 hours from D.C. where he will stay with a friend for the night, then go to church in the morning, which is about 1 hour south of D.C. along the Potomac River.

I got to talk to my niece, Lindsay who was home from college on Spring break. I got to say hello to Cindy, my sister, but only for a minute; she was heading out to get her hair done.

I talked to Stan Martin and his wife Jewel. They are doing well. Jewel is a stake presidency widow, but she is used to that. She was a bishop's widow before that!!

I called Bob Crouch and Gil Kirk and my other sister, Julie, but they were all out. I will try back today. It's Julie's birthday, so I hope to make contact with her, especially.

I also tried to contact Sarah and Armando, who are coming back from their trip to Mexico, but their cell phones were in message mode!

I also tried to call my granddaughter, Courtney, but she was not in either. That one is hard to imagine. I thought teenagers sleep with their cellphones!!!

So, all in all, I wasn't too successful, but it was fun connecting with those I did manage to talk to.

Not to long ago we were forwarded a slide show showing the Metro in only what could have been opening day. They don't really look like that. Well, let's just say they don't keep them up like that. Below is evidence of the birds that live in the Metro and gum paved walkways you get to travel on.

This one is a picture of clock in the Armory Museum. I believe this one belonged to Catherine the Great. The only part of this that is the clock, is the tiny white circle in the middle.

Barbara and Chris in one of the nicer the Metro stations.

No comments: